Prof. Daniel Lackland
• Professor of Epidemiology at the Medical University of South Carolina.
• Immediate Past President of the World Hypertension League
Former Deputy Editor-In-Chief of the Journal of Clinical Hypertension.
• Fellow in the American College of Epidemiology and American Heart Association.
• He Directs the Division of Translational Neuroscience and Population Studies, and the Master of Science in Clinical Research Program.
• Appointed to the panel for the Eighth Report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure (JNC 8), and the work group for the NHLBI Clinical Guidelines for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction (Global Risk Assessment).
• Chair of the Executive Committee and Steering Committee for NHLBI Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) Study
• He has over 300 scientific journal publications.