Prof. Paul Whelton
• Tulane University Show Chwan Health System Endowed Chair in Global Public Health
• Chaired many studies including the Trials of Hypertension Prevention (TOHP), Phases I and II, Trial of Nonpharmacologic Interventions in the Elderly (TONE), Antihypertensive and Lipid Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT), and the Systolic Blood Pressure Intervention Trial (SPRINT).
• Chaired many clinical practice guidelines, including National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Report on Primary Prevention of Hypertension, and American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Blood Pressure Guideline Writing Committee. Most recently, served as lead member of Guideline Development Group (GDG) for the World Health Organization (WHO) Guidelines for the Pharmacological Treatment of Hypertension in Adults
• President-elect of World Hypertension League (WHL)
• Published many manuscripts, and books/chapters.